From: Kristina (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 02, 2000 at 10:05:32
Subject: Re: Teaching algebra in middle school

Hi Alice,

I opened up your question to a discussion-group audience. Here is a response
from one of our T2T Associates. I will send you more later if others
participate. Thanks for writing to Teacher2Teacher.

 -Kristina, for the T2T service

Message from Martha:

Well, I do not teach in Middle School, but I am a Fifth Grade teacher and let
me tell you that we begin teaching algebra in Fifth Grade. That means, YES,
ALL Middle school students should take algebra because they should have been
exposed to it before.  Algebraic Thinking is one of the requirements of our
test here in Florida for 5th graders, so it is quite important.  I hope this
answers one of your questions.

Martha :-)

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question