From: Kristina (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 02, 2000 at 10:05:32
Subject: Re: Teaching algebra in middle school

Hi Alice, I opened up your question to a discussion-group audience. Here is a response from one of our T2T Associates. I will send you more later if others participate. Thanks for writing to Teacher2Teacher. -Kristina, for the T2T service Message from Martha: Well, I do not teach in Middle School, but I am a Fifth Grade teacher and let me tell you that we begin teaching algebra in Fifth Grade. That means, YES, ALL Middle school students should take algebra because they should have been exposed to it before. Algebraic Thinking is one of the requirements of our test here in Florida for 5th graders, so it is quite important. I hope this answers one of your questions. Martha :-)

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/