From: Kimberley (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 22, 2000 at 14:39:14
Subject: Re: Software for algebra and geometry

I agree with Geometer's Sketchpad for your geometry students.  I also use it
and find it invaluable.  Key Curriculum has a resource available with
geometry activities using Sketchpad.  It can also be used with a
"traditional" book, using the software to investigate the theorems which
students are usually just asked to prove. You can find Key Curriculum press
at http://www.keypress.com

As for algebra software, I couldn't do without Green Globs and Graphing
Equations from Sunburst.  It has a part which acts as a function grapher,
another which is a game (Green Globs) which allows students practice at
writing equations to go through specific points, and another which gives
students graphs and asks them to write the equations.

Sunburst also has a Tobbs series, one of which I believe is something about
Tobbs and algebra.  You can find out more at http://www.sunburst.com

 -Kimberley, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question