From: Kimberley (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 22, 2000 at 14:39:14
Subject: Re: Software for algebra and geometry

I agree with Geometer's Sketchpad for your geometry students. I also use it and find it invaluable. Key Curriculum has a resource available with geometry activities using Sketchpad. It can also be used with a "traditional" book, using the software to investigate the theorems which students are usually just asked to prove. You can find Key Curriculum press at http://www.keypress.com As for algebra software, I couldn't do without Green Globs and Graphing Equations from Sunburst. It has a part which acts as a function grapher, another which is a game (Green Globs) which allows students practice at writing equations to go through specific points, and another which gives students graphs and asks them to write the equations. Sunburst also has a Tobbs series, one of which I believe is something about Tobbs and algebra. You can find out more at http://www.sunburst.com -Kimberley, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/