From: Tom (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 16, 2000 at 09:18:38
Subject: Re: Grading policy

Jennifer,

     The way I check homework is on a random basis without warning.  I tell
the students I will check any assignment at any time.  They must have all the
assignments done.  The reasoning behind this is it gives them the cushion
that students sometimes need, but it does not let them off the hook.  I then
give them a grade either 100 or 0 (either they have it or they don't )  This
makes up a homework grade that is 10% of their grade.  I have found that it
works well to keep the students doing their homework.  I usually check about
4 times a quarter.  Most of the students always get a 100%.

 -Tom, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®