Q&A #5464

100th Day activities

View entire discussion

From: Kristina (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 11, 2001 at 17:18:28
Subject: Re: 100th Day activities

Hi Amelia, I'm glad you wrote to T2T with this question. There are so many things you can do to spice up the 100th Day of school! When I was teaching first and second grade (a multiage class) we had a blast. One activity that I liked involved snack. I asked each child to send in 100 pieces of a single type of snack. I gave a list of ideas (cheerios, pretzels, raisins, popcorn, crackers, M&M's), but was always surprised by the variety of snacks that kids came up with. I always brought in some extra snack in case some students didn't bring anything. I placed the snacks in bowls and the students took turns coming up and putting 10 pieces of 10 different kinds of snack in a bag to save for snack time. At snack time I would read a 100 Day story and they could eat their 100 pieces of snack. It took a little longer to eat than a usual snack because they often ate them one piece at a time! Have fun! -Kristina, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®