Q&A #568

Club activities

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 20, 1998 at 11:05:42
Subject: Re:Club activities

In addition to what Gail and Claudia have said, I would like to add that strategy games are a big favorite for my middle school students. There are many different games that are quite applicable to mathematics. We have mini tournaments with our group. The game does not make that much difference as long as it is one that involves strategy or probability so that a discussion can evolve from the game. It can be as simple as a version of tic-tac-toe or nim to something more complex such as chess. When using board games such as chess or checkers there are extension you can do like finding a pattern for the number of squares on the board itself. Many of the various games can be accessed on the web just by doing a search using the name of the game. -Suzanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®