From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 19, 1998 at 20:40:45
Subject: Re: Understanding Pi

Perhaps some of these will help you.  I haven't checked them out myself.

Websites about pi!

http://www.facade.com/Fun/amiinpi/

http://hiwaay.net/~jfrohwei/about/memorize.html

http://www.mit.edu/people/jsm/Public/Humor/pimnemonic

http://www.exploratorium.edu/learning_studio/pi/

http://www.acc.umu.se/~olletg/pi/indiana/html

Speaking of one of our favorite mathematical constants, has anyone seen "Pi"
the Movie?

Its website is at: http://www.pithemovie.com

and a mathematician's commentary appears on the web at

http://www.psn.net/~xocxoc/math/pithemovie.htm

The Annenburg Film library has some excellent films: The Story of Pi (1990)
told about pi for freshmen in high school.  It was quite good.  At one time
the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics sold the videos ($20-25 each)

You can call Calttech Bookstore, Caltech, Pasadena CA 818-395-6161 and ask
where it can be purchased.   These videos are part of Project Mathematics
based at the California Institute of Technology.  Ask if your school has this
film in its high school mathematics department.

 -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/