Q&A #5879

Reducing fractions with large denominators

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 05, 2001 at 07:57:20
Subject: Re: Reducing fractions with large denominators

Dear Wendy, When my middle school students had trouble with concepts I often had them read from the archives from Ask Dr. Math and somehow the letter format and the friendly tone helped them! So, here are some letters on reducing fractions that might be helpful to your son: Reducing Fractions http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/johnson2.25.97.html Reducing Fractions with Large Numbers http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/pat1.30.98.html Tips for Simplifying Fractions http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/cambree6.3.98.html Reducing Fractions http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/williams.3.17.96.html If you or your son would like to look for more information on fractions you can go to the Ask Dr. Math site: http://mathforum.com/dr.math/ and make use of any of the specific archive links or the search feature and also the link to the FAQs which have great information. I hope this helps! -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®