From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 21, 1998 at 21:45:21
Subject: Re: Blind student in algebra

I truly wish that I could help you. I know that it can be done because last
June a blind student graduated from Notre Dame University at the top of the
class. He majored in chemistry and pre-medicine. He went to medical school at
the University of Wisconsin, Madison. He had passed calculus with an A. As a
matter of fact, he had passed al his subjects with  As!

Algebra Tiles are the first manipulative that comes to mind as it is tactile
as well as visual.

I have had deaf students and those with cerebral palsy who could not write
but never blind.

-Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/