From: Jan
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Sep 23, 1998 at 23:58:26
Subject: Factor-Label Method

My daughter is a sophomore this year and she is taking Chemistry. Her teacher
insists that her class use the "Factor-Label Method" in reaching their
answers for getting the correct decimal, etc.  My daughter does not
understand this method of reasoning and it is the only way the teacher will
except any answer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Is anyone
familiar with the "FACTOR-LABEL METHOD" and how to explain it?

Thank you,
(Please e-mail me as I may not get right back to this particular area)

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/