Q&A #596

Factor-Label Method

View entire discussion

From: Jan
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Sep 23, 1998 at 23:58:26
Subject: Factor-Label Method

My daughter is a sophomore this year and she is taking Chemistry. Her teacher insists that her class use the "Factor-Label Method" in reaching their answers for getting the correct decimal, etc. My daughter does not understand this method of reasoning and it is the only way the teacher will except any answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is anyone familiar with the "FACTOR-LABEL METHOD" and how to explain it? Thank you, (Please e-mail me as I may not get right back to this particular area)

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®