From: Suzanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 27, 2001 at 19:12:52
Subject: Re: Multiplying fractions

I know you have received a lot of wonderful suggestions already but I just have to add a specific example that always seems to help my students see this concept. I tell them that someone gets one half dollar per hour for doing a chore. They only spend one half hour working so how much do they earn? They all know right away that they would be entitled to 25 cents or a fourth of a dollar. We go right into 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 based on that problem. Hope this is helpful. -Suzanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/