From: Suzanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 27, 2001 at 19:12:52
Subject: Re: Multiplying fractions

I know you have received a lot of wonderful suggestions already but I just
have to add a specific example that always seems to help my students see this
concept.  I tell them that someone gets one half dollar per hour for doing a
chore.  They only spend one half hour working so how much do they
earn?  They all know right away that they would be entitled to 25 cents or a
fourth of a dollar.  We go right into 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 based on that problem.
Hope this is helpful.

 -Suzanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question