Q&A #6003

2nd semester Calculus

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Mar 27, 2001 at 11:50:59
Subject: Re: 2nd semester Calculus

Kerry, By the time my students get to L'Hopital's Rule, they usually appreciate the quickness and are not in need of a proof. I go back to the earlier limit problems they struggled with, using the factoring and other techniques. The students are anxious to use L'Hopital's Rule after that! What I find is having to work with them on understanding the different indeterminant forms. For example 1 to the infinity. The students have a difficult time understanding that the one there does not represent an exact one....that it is usually part of a piece of something like the basic definition of e has the extra piece. What is nice is that finally you can show why lim as n approaches inf for (1+1/n)^n is e. Just a few thoughts....... -Claudia, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®