From: Jenny (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 09, 2001 at 22:44:22
Subject: Re: Sequence for Alg II and Geometry

Hi Karen,
Just another thought on this issue.  Several years back,
Beverly Nicols did a study to determine which sequence was better.
She had a small article in the Mathematics Teacher.  I called her to get
more information.  She said in her study, statistically, there was no
difference between either sequence in terms of student achievement in
second year Algebra.  My district decided to go Algebra 1, Geometry
since only 2 years of math were required for graduation and that way
students would be exposed to Geometry, where they might not if they
took Algebra 1, Algebra 2.

 -Jenny, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question