Q&A #6070

Evaluating Reasonableness of Solutions

View entire discussion

From: John Baker <jhnbkr@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 04, 2001 at 13:02:56
Subject: Evaluating Reasonableness of Solutions

What are some methods than can assist upper elementary students in evaluating the reasonableness of a solution in a problem solving situation? Are there some specific strategies or activities that can lead a child to be more reflective and accurate in their problem solving activities? My interest in this area stems from the fact that in Texas, one of the TAAS objectives is Evaluating the Reasonableness of a solution. In 3rd and 4th grade this is combined with estimation. I am also interested in designing computer based instruction to help teach this objective and I would like to know what suggestions you might have about designing a useful computer based tutorial/game for use in the upper elementary classroom.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®