From: John Baker <jhnbkr@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 04, 2001 at 13:02:56
Subject: Evaluating Reasonableness of Solutions

What are some methods than can assist upper elementary students in
evaluating the reasonableness of a solution in a problem solving situation?
Are there some specific strategies or activities that can lead a child to
be more reflective and accurate in their problem solving activities?
 My interest in this area stems from the fact that in Texas, one of the
TAAS objectives is Evaluating the Reasonableness of a solution. In 3rd and
4th grade this is combined with estimation. I am also interested in
designing computer based instruction to help teach this objective and I
would like to know what suggestions you might have about designing a useful
computer based tutorial/game for use in the upper elementary classroom.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/