From: Ron (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 05, 2001 at 07:39:42
Subject: Re: Polyhedra

Hi Allison:

There is a wealth of material about Polyhedra on the web. May I suggest that
you start with Suzanne Alejandre's Polyhedra in the Classroom workshop which
can be found at:

Polyhedra in the Classroom:
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/unit14.html

Take the time to check all the information and I'm sure you will find what
you are looking for.

George Hart's page provides excellent visuals - scroll to the techniques
section:
http://www.georgehart.com/virtual-polyhedra/paper-models.html

Excellent pictures can be found at:
http://www.teleport.com/~tpgettys/poly.shtml and an article on construction
techniques can be found at:
http://www.teleport.com/~tpgettys/tech.shtml

Animations can be found at:
http://www.cms.wisc.edu/~cvg/course/491/modules/polyhedra/intro.shtml

Paper Models can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Exhibit/5901/indexe.html

From the math forum - summer institute:
http://mathforum.org/sum95/math_and/poly/polyhedra.html

Intro to basic math properties of polyhedra can be found at:
http://daisy.uwaterloo.ca/~hqle/Polyhedra/polyhedra_main.html

Hope the above are of some help.

Cheers.
-Ron, for the T2T service