From: Urmi Ashar <urmiashar@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 07, 2001 at 20:28:54
Subject: Everyday Mathematics Curriculum

My son is working on EPGY Math Curriculum (Accelerated Math curriculum through Johns Hopkins University)at grade level 4. The new school that he will go to uses Everyday Mathematics curriculum. I need to know how would we determine his placement on this curriculum. He is extremely quick in understanding concepts. His computational skills are also remarkable, and he has absolutely no patience for drill and repetition. My concern arises due to the fact that Everyday Math Curriculum is supposed to be a Spiral Curriculum by design, and also it uses its own terminology so placement tests may not be very indicative. The curriculum for EPGY is on the following webpage: http://www-epgy.stanford.edu/Indiv/M00B/ http://www.jhu.edu/gifted/math/courses/epgy-34.html Regards, Dr. Urmi Ashar Instructional Designer, Technology & Learning Team University of Colorado- Denver North Classroom 4012 Denver, CO 80217 Phone (W): 303.556.8829 Phone (H): 303.730.9304 Fax: 303.556.4479 email: urmi_ashar@ceo.cudenver.edu

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/