From: Urmi Ashar <urmiashar@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 07, 2001 at 20:28:54
Subject: Everyday Mathematics Curriculum

My son is working on EPGY Math Curriculum (Accelerated Math curriculum
through Johns Hopkins University)at
grade level 4. The new school that he will go to uses Everyday Mathematics
curriculum. I need to know how would we determine his placement on this
curriculum. He is extremely quick in understanding concepts. His
computational skills are also remarkable, and he has absolutely no patience
for drill and repetition. My concern arises due to the fact that Everyday
Math Curriculum is supposed to be a Spiral Curriculum by design, and also
it
uses its own terminology so placement tests may not be very indicative. The
curriculum for EPGY is on the following webpage:
http://www-epgy.stanford.edu/Indiv/M00B/
http://www.jhu.edu/gifted/math/courses/epgy-34.html
 Regards,
Dr. Urmi Ashar