Q&A #6113

Customary measurement

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 11, 2001 at 10:55:19
Subject: Re: Customary measurement

Dear Zack,

I found a nice site that has a variety of lesson plans and activities on
measurement. I wasn't sure what grade level you are looking for and so here is
the page that links to those different measurement lessons organized by grade

Web-Linked mat lesson plans:

If you go to one of the measurement lessons and then go to the "Teacher Answer
Key" there are many examples of customary measurement word problems. For
example, at Grade 5 if you go here:

and then here:

and scroll down the page a little, you will find things like:

"1. How many ounces does a Radio Flyer Wagon weigh?"

I found a different site called EdHelper.com. They generate worksheets and
they have a page on Measurement here:

If you choose "English System Word Problems" you can print out a worksheet
with word problems on the topic of measurement.

I hope this helps.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question