From: Steve Madler <steve_madler@educ8.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 12, 2001 at 11:12:28
Subject: Pre-calculus

I am currently in a District with two high schools that teach out of
different precalculus texts.  We are being forced to pick a textbook that
is the same between both schools.  However, both schools have a completely
different view on what type of book should be selected and what should be
taught in the course.  I would like anybody out there to give me their
ideas on what should be taught and recommend any texts that they may be
using or know are good.  By the way, the differing views consist of one
school where a calculator is discouraged and a strong focus on notation,
whereas, the other school encourages calculators for exploration,
modeling, etc. with less focus on notation.

What are your views??

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®