Q&A #6124

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 12, 2001 at 11:56:14
Subject: Re: Pre-calculus

Dear Steve, Here are some thoughts that came to mind as I read about your situation... What is the purpose of the single adoption? Is a single adoption in the best interest of the students? Do your parents/community like having a choice? What about the SAT II where some problems require the use of a graphing calculator? http://www.collegeboard.org/sat/center2/html/meetlist.html This test is required for entrance into the University of California institutions. It is used for placement at major universities all over the country. What about AP Calculus? Do the Calculus teachers have input? The AP Calculus tests also have questions that require the use of a graphing calculator. As a Calculus teacher, it is really nice that I don't have to take time to introduce the calculator (except for a few features) to my Calculus students. I don't know how helpful I have been... Anyway, good luck. -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®