From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 29, 2001 at 12:13:38
Subject: Re: Trigonometry

Dear H.A. Mengers,

I went to

http://google.com

and tried searching for these phrases which I think resulted in some good
finds:
    use trig at work
    job uses trig
    trig used in job

I belong to a discussion which is archived on the Math Forum site called
"math-learn" and in March one of the contributors wrote about this very topic.
I don't know if you want to point your students to the archived discussion but
it might give you some ideas to give to them? The one that I am thinking of is
here:

http://mathforum.org/epigone/math-learn/smargralproi

On a light side (from that same discussion) are these Trig Comics:

http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Anthology/Div/Winchester/jhhs/math/humor/comics/
trigcom.html

(the URL is quite long - take care it is all included)

I hope some of that is useful for you and your students.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®