From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 30, 2001 at 07:25:06
Subject: Re: Integrating math and biology

Dear Steve,

I searched on the Web and found this PDF file Connecting Algebra and Biology
Using Graphing Calculators:

http://www.pen.k12.va.us/VDOE/Instruction/Math/algbiol.pdf

To quote their introduction: "The Connecting Algebra and Biology Using
Graphing Calculators resource document is intended to assist classroom
teachers of algebra and biology in implementing the Virginia Standards of
Learning for mathematics and science.  This resource document includes a
sampling of activities that have been correlated to the Standards of Learning
for Algebra I, Algebra II, and Biology.  Where appropriate, activities have
also been correlated to Standards of Learning for other grade levels or
courses."

I also found this:

NCTM San Diego Presentation Summary:
http://mathforum.org/mathed/nctm96/interdisc/horak.html

which looked very promising but I couldn't find any page that actually talked
about Virginia M. Horak's work! As I looked I found that she works or possibly
worked at the University of Arizona but I could not find email or any Web
pages specifically for her. The UA site is here:

http://www.arizona.edu/

and perhaps you could write their Webmaster?

Maybe another T2T Associate has heard of her work or perhaps they will have
some other ideas for you. I hope that this is somewhat helpful.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®