From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 04, 2001 at 06:39:55
Subject: Re: Programs for teachers

Dear Hyunchang,

I do not know of any specific programs but I can point you to a very valuable
resource that I think can be helpful for improving mathematical knowledge. I
would suggest looking at the Ask Dr. Math Archives and FAQs.

If you start here:

Ask Dr. Math:
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/

you will see that you can go to the archives and also to the FAQs.
Additionally you can search for topics. I know that as a middle school
teacher, if I wanted to brush up on a topic, I would go to the archives, read
the questions that others had submitted and then read the responses of the
math doctor. The letters and explanations are very understandable.

A second idea would be to look through the Problems of the Week archives.
Again there are different choices. The index page is here:

Problems of the Week:
http://mathforum.org/pow/

Select an area of interest and then go to the "Past Solutions and Problems."
You can read the problem, perhaps try it yourself, and then read through the
about this area of the Math Forum is that you can see the great variety of
problem solving techniques that students use.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®