From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 06, 2001 at 06:31:28
Subject: Re: Teaching and learning of the circle theorems

Dear Ken, Your project with Khoo Siew Chin sounds fascinating. I couldn't help but respond even though I may not be the most qualified T2T Associate for this area of mathematics! I wanted to quickly let you know that we do read these letters and often respond within a day or so. If you would like to read more about our service, please see this page: About Teacher2Teacher (T2T) http://mathforum.org/t2t/about.taco Now to your question....I did some searching on the Web and thought that perhaps some of these sites might be useful: Unit VI: Plane Geometry -- The Circle Joann Dobbin (1997) http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~mathed/t/up/2200/2200-6-Circles.html Math Forum - Mathematics Teacher Bibliography: Circles http://mathforum.org/mathed/mtbib/circles.html Lester's Circle Theorem http://www.ops.org/north/curriculum/math/ahlsch/lester.htm Sci.math discussion: Is there a five-circle theorem? http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/junkyard/5circle.html This makes me think that another good place to post a question to would be the sci.math discussion or other discussions. You can find links to those discussions here: Public Discussions at The Math Forum http://mathforum.org/discussions I would suggest sci.math, math-teach or math-learn as all good possibilities for receiving a response. GCSE Maths> Shape and space> Circle theorems http://www.projectgcse.co.uk/maths/circle.htm Some Circle Theorems http://s13a.math.aca.mmu.ac.uk/Geometry/Primary/CircleTheorems/IntChords.html MathNets Dynamic Geometry http://www.mathsnet.net/dynamic/javasketchpad.html Perhaps some of these sites will be helpful but, again, another T2T Associate may very well have a more specific response to your question and will also write to you. -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/