Q&A #6278

Teaching and learning of the circle theorems

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 06, 2001 at 06:31:28
Subject: Re: Teaching and learning of the circle theorems

Dear Ken,

Your project with Khoo Siew Chin sounds fascinating. I couldn't help but
respond even though I may not be the most qualified T2T Associate for this
area of mathematics! I wanted to quickly let you know that we do read these
letters and often respond within a day or so. If you would like to read more
about our service, please see this page:

About Teacher2Teacher (T2T)

Now to your question....I did some searching on the Web and thought that
perhaps some of these sites might be useful:

Unit VI: Plane Geometry -- The Circle
Joann Dobbin (1997)

Math Forum - Mathematics Teacher Bibliography: Circles

Lester's Circle Theorem

Sci.math discussion: Is there a five-circle theorem?

This makes me think that another good place to post a question to would be the
sci.math discussion or other discussions. You can find links to those
discussions here:

Public Discussions at The Math Forum

I would suggest sci.math, math-teach or math-learn as all good possibilities
for receiving a response.

GCSE Maths> Shape and space> Circle theorems

Some Circle Theorems

MathNets Dynamic Geometry

Perhaps some of these sites will be helpful but, again, another T2T Associate
may very well have a more specific response to your question and will also
write to you.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question