From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 06, 2001 at 06:31:28
Subject: Re: Teaching and learning of the circle theorems

Dear Ken,

Your project with Khoo Siew Chin sounds fascinating. I couldn't help but
respond even though I may not be the most qualified T2T Associate for this
area of mathematics! I wanted to quickly let you know that we do read these
letters and often respond within a day or so. If you would like to read more
about our service, please see this page:

About Teacher2Teacher (T2T)
http://mathforum.org/t2t/about.taco

Now to your question....I did some searching on the Web and thought that
perhaps some of these sites might be useful:

Unit VI: Plane Geometry -- The Circle
Joann Dobbin (1997)
http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~mathed/t/up/2200/2200-6-Circles.html

Math Forum - Mathematics Teacher Bibliography: Circles
http://mathforum.org/mathed/mtbib/circles.html

Lester's Circle Theorem
http://www.ops.org/north/curriculum/math/ahlsch/lester.htm

Sci.math discussion: Is there a five-circle theorem?
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/junkyard/5circle.html

This makes me think that another good place to post a question to would be the
sci.math discussion or other discussions. You can find links to those
discussions here:

Public Discussions at The Math Forum
http://mathforum.org/discussions

I would suggest sci.math, math-teach or math-learn as all good possibilities
for receiving a response.

GCSE Maths> Shape and space> Circle theorems
http://www.projectgcse.co.uk/maths/circle.htm

Some Circle Theorems
http://s13a.math.aca.mmu.ac.uk/Geometry/Primary/CircleTheorems/IntChords.html

MathNets Dynamic Geometry
http://www.mathsnet.net/dynamic/javasketchpad.html

Perhaps some of these sites will be helpful but, again, another T2T Associate
may very well have a more specific response to your question and will also
write to you.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question