Q&A #6384

Math labs in the classroom or math enrichment

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 23, 2001 at 22:59:09
Subject: Re: Math labs in the classroom or math enrichment

Hi, Lee, I am not an elementary teacher but rather a high school teacher. For the past 11 years I have worked with elementary teachers, students, and parents using the Family Math materials. You can purchase this book from: Family Math by Stenmark, Thompson, and Cossey. ISBN # 0-912511-06-0 from Dale Seymour Publications Pearsons Learning PO Box 2649 Columbus, OH 43216-2649 www.pearsonslearning.com 800-321-3106 Price is: $20.85 There are 100 activities that can be done by the parent and a student. You could choose and provide the student with a copy of the pages or tear the book apart and/or let your child take the book to school. When your child returns home you can discuss what s/he has done. S/He will need to bring some things from home: a set of dice, some beans, a calculator, graph paper, etc. You can provide these. These activities are not boring!!! I wish you well. -Marielouise, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®