From: <jsperez@gate.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 01, 2001 at 19:26:31
Subject: Difficulty learning math

I am a parent of a 16 year-old boy. As a child he was able to conceptualize
geometric configurations at a young age and thought very logically. As he
progressed through elementary school he was unable to learn to memorize
his timetables. He has continued on a downhill path with his math skills
and I am sorry to have waited so long to look for a reason, beyond the one
most frequently told to him and me, just lazy. I really think it is more
than a simple flip answer of laziness. He began playing piano a few years
ago, practices, and has made great improvement in his skill level.
Finally, the question/s, if you haven't guessed. What can I do to help
him learn his multiplication tables? How can I help improve his math grade
in geometry?  Is there an equivalent in math to what dyslexia is to
reading? What strategy should I be taking with his teachers? Thank you.
jsperez@gate.net

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®