From: Carla Odle <carlaodle@qwest.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 01, 2001 at 19:59:05
Subject: High School math placement exam

Our middle school uses the Orleans-Hannah and other criteria to place student
in math at the high school level. We have found out that being a middle school
they don't cover the complete algebra curriculum and still the students are
placed in geometry or higher. Is there a test that is attainable that is
leveled; meaning if you answer only the first 20 questions you must take
algebra or if you can answer the next 20 you can go on to geometry etc.  A
test similar the the Van Hiele (spelling?) for geometry. I want a test that
places students based on how many questions they can answer, as soon as they
make too many errors, then that is the level of math they should be in.
Thanks

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®