From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 15, 2001 at 06:42:00
Subject: Re: New to teaching, however...older teacher

Dear Chris,

Ralph provided a very thorough and thoughtful response and so I don't feel I
have to stick exactly to the topic. As a former middle school mathematics
teacher (grades 7, 8 and 9 when we were a junior high), I thought I would
point you to a few ideas that are on the Web. By the way, I say "former" only
because now I am on the Math Forum staff but really you can't take the "middle
school teacher" out of me!

Suzanne's Mathematics Lessons:
http://mathforum.org/alejandre
These are various lessons that I have written since 1995.

ESCOT Problems of the Week
http://mathforum.org/escot/teacher.html
An archive of interactive problems accompanied by teacher support ideas.

Project Interactivate - Shodor Organization
http://shodor.org/interactivate/lessons/index.html

National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/index.html

Interdisciplinary Lesson ideas
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/coyote/interdisciplinary.html

Problems Library
http://mathforum.org/library/problems/

Sites with Problems Administered by Others
http://mathforum.org/pow/other.html

I hope some of those ideas are useful.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message