From: Christian van Vuuren <cvvuuren@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 12, 2001 at 10:14:14
Subject: Context stories to explain negative numbers

Hello,

I'm a beginning teacher. My pupils are in the age of 12-16. I have to
explain
to them to calculate with negative numbers. Now, I know just one context
story
which helps. It's a story about a witch with a cooking-pot. The temperature
is
regulating by blocks. There are two blocks, red-ones and blue-ones. If she
puts six blue blocks in the pot the temperature is going down to -6. This
story is analog at the temperature context.

My question: Is there any other context story which helps to explain to
calculate with negative numbers?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®