From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 18, 1998 at 21:53:44
Subject: Re: Math history

There is a text that you might find in a college library: "A concise History of Mathematics" by Dirk J. Struik. Dover Publications.most published it recently in 1987. Another way to look at the history of mathematics is to take a topic and hit the highlights on the topic. William Dunham has written a text: "Journey Through Genius" (The great Theorems of Mathematics). The time is from Hippocrates to Cantor. Twelve theorems are mentioned. This text was published by John Wiley in 1990. I hope that I have given you some ideas. -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/