From: Janeen
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 21, 1998 at 22:34:36
Subject: Math Tricks

I am interested in compiling a list of teaching tricks for remembering
math concepts.

	Some examples:

All Seniors Think Cool - the quadrants where trig functions are
				positive.

SOHCAHTOA- Sine=opposite/hypotenuse, Cosine=adjacent/hypotenuse,
				Tangent = opposite/adjacent.

Please Excuse, My Dear Aunt Sally - The order of operations.
I would love to know more.  I have never seen any of these in a book.
You have to pick them up along the way in your math education.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/