From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 23, 1998 at 01:00:10
Subject: Re: Math Tricks

You can make up your own or have your students create some!

One that I have created is for factoring sum or difference of two cubes.

   x^3+y^3 =  (x+y)

then, we SOPPS the binomial to get the trinomial factor. S(quare) O(pposite
sign) P(roduct) P(lus) S(quare)

   (x+y)(x^2 - xy + y^2)

   I will let you know if I remember any more.

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/