From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 23, 2001 at 09:56:47
Subject: Re: Metric Week

Dear Richard,

NCTM has pages on their site describing activities for the elementary school.
I think that many of them could be adaptable to a middle school level. The
page was written last year (2000) but are still applicable:

October issue of Teaching Children Mathematics: "Math by the Month: Celebrate
Metric Day"
http://www.nctm.org/tcm/2000/10/p96.html

Also interesting is the position paper on metrication:
http://www.nctm.org/about/position_statements/position_statement_09.htm

We'd love to hear from you again if you try any of these ideas!

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®