Q&A #6951

Measurement and manipulatives

View entire discussion

From: Tim G. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 26, 2001 at 17:40:57
Subject: Re: Measurement and manipulatives

Hi Rachelle,

There are a lot of great projects for measurement. One project that my kids
love involves rubber band powered planes. I get the cheap balsa wood planes
from the store and have the kids put them together.
We then go to the gym and fly them with different setups. Each time they fly
their plane they have to measure the distance it travels using different
units (one time it is in mm, the next cm, the next m, etc). By the time they
do a few trials, they have used a number of different units, some
appropriate some not so appropriate. After we are all done, we talk about
the different units--when they are appropriate and when they are not

 -Tim G., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®