From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 26, 2001 at 07:02:22
Subject: Re: Patriotic math activities

Dear Kathy,

Another T2T Associate may know some specific activities that they have done in
the classroom but I thought I might be able to find some on the Web for you
also.

Here is what I found:

PBS Teacher Source: Mathline
How Many Noses Are in Your Arm?
http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/mathline/lessonplans/msmp/noses/
noses_procedure.shtm

Lesson Plan: Millennium Challenge
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/newyork/laic/lessons/e3_t2-lp.html

This lesson plan
http://www.education-world.com/a_lesson/00-2/lp2164.shtml
does not involve mathematics but it has some links to Statue of Liberty facts
that you might find useful.

This site:
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0874962.html
also does not have a math lesson but has the text of The New Colossus by Emma
Lazarus.

I hope some of those sites provide useful information for you.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®