From: Donna Salter <d_salter@bellsouth.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 05, 2001 at 11:52:02
Subject: Support for a first year teacher (math)

I am barely keeping my head above water as a first-year teacher in a fairly
tough school environment. Colleagues are wonderful; I am blessed in that. My
main problem is simply that I feel overwhelmed with students who have pretty
much taken control, and, of course, all the paperwork, grading, etc. I am not
an organized person. Plus, I like math, but I'm not passionate about it. I've
started some terrific-looking books, like "Marvels of Math," in hopes of
having some exciting stories/ideas to motivate the kids. I need to implement
a reward (nontangible) system, but somehow, I've not gotten around to it!
Any suggestions? Thank you.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®