Q&A #7008

Support for a first-year teacher (math)

View entire discussion

From: Donna Salter <d_salter@bellsouth.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Oct 05, 2001 at 11:52:02
Subject: Support for a first year teacher (math)

I am barely keeping my head above water as a first-year teacher in a fairly tough school environment. Colleagues are wonderful; I am blessed in that. My main problem is simply that I feel overwhelmed with students who have pretty much taken control, and, of course, all the paperwork, grading, etc. I am not an organized person. Plus, I like math, but I'm not passionate about it. I've started some terrific-looking books, like "Marvels of Math," in hopes of having some exciting stories/ideas to motivate the kids. I need to implement a reward (nontangible) system, but somehow, I've not gotten around to it! Any suggestions? Thank you.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®