From: Ralph (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 08, 2001 at 10:40:43
Subject: Re: Support for a first year teacher (math)

Dear Donna,

Kimberley has given you some excellent suggestions regarding organization,
discipline, etc.

In terms of having some exciting stories/ideas to motivate math for your
students, there are several excellent sources. Over the years I've accumulated
a variety of "class starters"--activities and challenges that seem to grab
students' attention, and only take a few minutes at the beginning of class to
do.

It's not clear from your first note what grade level(s) you are working at. If
you are interested, write back indicating the grade level(s) you're working
with, and I'd be happy to give you some suggested resources, and some ideas
for motivating activities, etc.

 -Ralph, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question