From: Sarah <MuyMargarita@cs.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 01, 2001 at 14:00:28
Subject: Mathematical Palindromes for Elementary Ed.

I am in the Early Elementary School Education program at my community college.
In my math class for elementary ed. we have been assigned to teach a lesson to
our class about palindromes. We have to include the prerequisites for learning
this objective and the specific grade level at which we would be teaching this
lesson. In my research on palindromes, I have found that palindromes do not
seem to be an important objective in elementary education. Are palindromes
taught in elementary school? Or even middle school? How could I incorporate
palindromes into a hands-on activity for students in a 2nd grade level, if at
all possible?  Thanks for any help.
Sarah

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/