From: Alice Elstien <Mathmom1@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 04, 2001 at 08:00:12
Subject: Building math communications with Internet resources

On Nov. 2, 2001, I gave a talk, "Communicating Math using Internet Resources," at the California Mathematics Council (CMC) South convention on ways to exceed the standards by using communication and Internet resources. Basically, I spoke about - methods I use in my Algebra 1 and Geometry classes - using Math Forum Problems of the Week and reading. - using peer evaluations before they hand in their work. - having students in small groups teach themselves the math - having students write stories to present and teach the class. The group attending the presentation thought that it would be great to continue the conversation online that we started at the conference. We would like to - share methods we use that work - have others join our conversation - gather statistics on what works when and with whom. This message is to start that conversation!

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/