Q&A #7226

Geoboard activities

View entire discussion

From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 12, 2001 at 22:01:24
Subject: Re: Geoboard activities

Dear Gail,

In addition to the suggestions by Jeanne, I have a few more:

** The following worksheets help your students discover Pick's Theorem on
their own.  Encourage your students to work through them and move onto the
section with pictures containing holes:

You need to have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® software on your computer to open
the above link.  If you don't have it, download a free copy of the Reader
from here first:

** Have you seen the Pick's applet by Alex Bogomolny?

** I found two "Problems of the Week" dealing with Pick's Theorem:

Graphing for Area

Exploring Area

Gail, you might end your lesson by challenging your students to think about
Pick's Theorem in 3 dimensions. Does it (or a variation) hold for volume of
3 dimensional object? How about volume of the 3-dimensional shapes with
holes? This makes a great topic for a math project.

Good luck.  Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

 -Roya Salehi, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®