From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 06, 2001 at 20:02:38
Subject: Re: Tessellations

Hi Katie, How about honeycombs in a beehive, or patchwork quilts? Are there any buildings near your home that have tile murals, or stained glass windows that are tessellations? If I recall correctly, there are some plant cells that are arranged in tesselations. I have baskets that are woven in such a way that tessellations are formed. Hope this helps! -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/