Q&A #731

Strategies for Motivating Low Level Math Students

View entire discussion

From: Jeff Dever <jjdever@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 01, 1998 at 10:58:13
Subject: Strategies for Motivating Low Level Math Students

In addition to teaching regular high-school math, I teach a class of low-achieving students. I am searching for a tool to motivate these students to become more comfortable with math. I have done vocational applications with minimal motivational success. Has anyone out there found anything that has motivated these types of students? I'd like to increase their proficiency scores and give them confidence in using math. I teach in a 4 X 4 block schedule with 90-minute periods and I would appreciate your suggestions.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®