From: Jeff Dever <jjdever@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 01, 1998 at 10:58:13
Subject: Strategies for Motivating Low Level Math Students

In addition to teaching regular high-school math, I teach a class of
low-achieving students.  I am searching for a tool to motivate these
students to become more comfortable with math. I have done vocational
applications with minimal motivational success. Has anyone out there found
anything that has motivated these types of students? I'd like to increase
their proficiency scores and give them confidence in using math. I teach
in a 4 X 4 block schedule with 90-minute periods and I would appreciate
your suggestions.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®