From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 16, 1998 at 15:33:44
Subject: Re: SStrategies for Motivating Low Level Math Students

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for submitting your question to T2T. Your question is a tough one.
I think every teacher is trying to motivate and teach at the same time. In
your situation, you may want to use math games or computer programs to
motivate your students. I also found some interesting sites that touch on the
same subject.

1- An bibliography called "Mathematics and Motivation" by Lisa Ewan:
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/~sarah/Discussion.Sessions/biblio.motivation.html

2- Another interesting article by Barbara McCombs entitled "Understanding the
Keys to Motivation to Learn" at
http://www.mcrel.org/PDF/Noteworthy/Learners_Learning_Schooling/barbaram.asp

Good luck!

 -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service