Q&A #731

Strategies for Motivating Low Level Math Students

View entire discussion

From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 16, 1998 at 15:33:44
Subject: Re: SStrategies for Motivating Low Level Math Students

Hi Jeff, Thank you for submitting your question to T2T. Your question is a tough one. I think every teacher is trying to motivate and teach at the same time. In your situation, you may want to use math games or computer programs to motivate your students. I also found some interesting sites that touch on the same subject. 1- An bibliography called "Mathematics and Motivation" by Lisa Ewan: http://forum.swarthmore.edu/~sarah/Discussion.Sessions/biblio.motivation.html 2- Another interesting article by Barbara McCombs entitled "Understanding the Keys to Motivation to Learn" at http://www.mcrel.org/PDF/Noteworthy/Learners_Learning_Schooling/barbaram.asp Good luck! -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®