From: <clewis@hopkinton.k12.ma.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 18, 2001 at 11:12:20
Subject: Length of quizzes

I came up with a problem the other day at my school. The principal saw a copy of my Algebra quiz and she said that it was too long. My quiz had 5 questions. She also questioned the fact that I allow my students the entire class period to finish a quiz, if necessary. I feel I know my students, but the principal wants me to give them a timed quiz, say 10-15 minutes long, and I'm concerned that many of them won't be able to finish during that time. She claimed that a quiz that takes an entire period is a test, not a quiz. I say a quiz covers a shorter amount of material than a test. How many questions SHOULD be on a quiz? How long should students be given to complete the quiz?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/