From: <clewis@hopkinton.k12.ma.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 18, 2001 at 11:12:20
Subject: Length of quizzes

I came up with a problem the other day at my school.  The principal saw a copy
of my Algebra quiz and she said that it was too long. My quiz had 5 questions.
She also questioned the fact that I allow my students the entire class period
to finish a quiz, if necessary.  I feel I know my students, but the principal
wants me to give them a timed quiz, say 10-15 minutes long, and I'm concerned
that many of them won't be able to finish during that time.  She claimed that
a quiz that takes an entire period is a test, not a quiz.  I say a quiz covers
a shorter amount of material than a test.

How many questions SHOULD be on a quiz?  How long should students be given
to complete the quiz?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®