From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 26, 2001 at 02:43:07
Subject: Re: Transparencies

I'd like to add to the lists Gail started.

Pluses--
1)  You can use color in your presentation/demonstration--pens, color
transparencies, and clear plastic.  (I find overhead pens less messy than
using colored chalk.)
2)  If you use transparencies as a part of a lecture, you can keep them for
reference and/or reminders to yourself as well as to students.  My students
sometimes ask me for them so that they can make sure their notes are
complete.
3)  I make transparencies of the some of the hand-outs I pass out to my
students (either on my printer or on the xerox machine).  They help me pace
their reading and give clearer directions. (I have many English Language
Learners and below grade level readers.)

Minuses--
1)  If you use the wrong type of transparency with your xerox machine, you
can do some pretty nasty (and expensive) damage to the machine.
2)  Cost of the specialized transparencies that go through inkjet or laser
printers can be high.

Hope this helps.

 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message