Q&A #7349

View entire discussion

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 26, 2001 at 02:43:07
Subject: Re: Transparencies

I'd like to add to the lists Gail started. Pluses-- 1) You can use color in your presentation/demonstration--pens, color transparencies, and clear plastic. (I find overhead pens less messy than using colored chalk.) 2) If you use transparencies as a part of a lecture, you can keep them for reference and/or reminders to yourself as well as to students. My students sometimes ask me for them so that they can make sure their notes are complete. 3) I make transparencies of the some of the hand-outs I pass out to my students (either on my printer or on the xerox machine). They help me pace their reading and give clearer directions. (I have many English Language Learners and below grade level readers.) Minuses-- 1) If you use the wrong type of transparency with your xerox machine, you can do some pretty nasty (and expensive) damage to the machine. 2) Cost of the specialized transparencies that go through inkjet or laser printers can be high. Hope this helps. -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®