From: mari
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 29, 2001 at 10:19:51
Subject: Careless mistakes

How do I get my students to stop making careless mistakes on tests?

Yesterday they took a chapter test on adding and subtracting fractions. They
did fine on all assignments and quizzes throughout the chapter, however some
of them bombed on the test due to careless mistakes like not watching the
sign, reading directions wrong or not at all, simple calculations mistakes,
not reducing to lowest terms etc.  I have given the reminder time and again to
make sure to do all these things but they don't apply it.  What else can I do?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/