From: Joshua (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 19, 2001 at 01:10:30
Subject: Re: Books for math competitions

A good starting book, at a more elementary level, is available from
http://www.moems.org/
and is titled _Creative Problem Solving in School Mathematics_.

The Olympiad book sold there is probably too easy for most high school
students (it's aimed at grades 4-6, mostly).

The Mandelbrot competition ( http://www.mandelbrot.org/ ) is another
good source of problems at an easier level than the USA Math Olympiad.

You might also enjoy the book _Mathematical Circles_ (Russian Experience),
by Fomin, Genkin, and Itenberg, American Mathematical Society, 1993.

If you don't think these suggestions are what you're looking for, please
let me know why and I'll hunt through my library for some better ones!

Enjoy,

 -Joshua, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question