From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 18, 2001 at 12:31:02
Subject: Re: Freezes on math tests

Hello Jannette, There are many books on math anxiety and test anxiety. You might check your local library and bookstores to see what is available. I did a search on Google.com using the words "math + test + anxiety" and was rewarded with many resources. Since I am not quite sure of your son's needs, I wasn't sure what to copy for you but here are the URLs of some of the websites. http://studyweb.chemeketa.edu/resources/howt/ http://homepage.smc.edu/math/dept/testups/Minimizing_Math_Anxiety.htm http://www.iss.stthomas.edu/studyguides/bib_math.htm I noticed that many colleges and universities offer their students classes and workshops on how to study, how to take tests, and how to reduce the anxieties associated with taking math tests (and tests in general). Perhaps there is a college nearby with such a program you can access. Hope this helps. -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/