From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 18, 2001 at 12:31:02
Subject: Re: Freezes on math tests

Hello Jannette,

There are many books on math anxiety and test anxiety.  You might check your
local library and bookstores to see what is available.  I did a search on
Google.com using the words "math + test + anxiety" and was rewarded with
many resources.  Since I am not quite sure of your son's needs, I wasn't
sure what to copy for you but here are the URLs of some of the websites.
http://studyweb.chemeketa.edu/resources/howt/
http://homepage.smc.edu/math/dept/testups/Minimizing_Math_Anxiety.htm
http://www.iss.stthomas.edu/studyguides/bib_math.htm

I noticed that many colleges and universities offer their students classes
and workshops on how to study, how to take tests, and how to reduce the
anxieties associated with taking math tests (and tests in general).  Perhaps
there is a college nearby with such a program you can access.

Hope this helps.
 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question