From: Nyna <nyna@mcqueeny.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 24, 2002 at 18:11:24
Subject: need specific problems from a specific textbook

I am trying to help a neighbor's 16 year old. He is very bright, but
failing HS due to a multitude of reasons. I am trying to function as his
tutor/mentor. I am not a professional tutor. His Algebra II teacher has
been kind enough to allow him to retake several tests he miserably failed.
The first make up test is tomorrow. Of course, he "forgot" his textbook in
his school locker, to which he does not have access this fine Sunday
afternoon. I have signed up for hotmath.com to check his work. However, it
doesn't (or I can't seem to figure how)give the problem, just the
solution. Does anyone know where I can get the actual problems? I have had
him call every kid for whom he has a phone number and none of them brought
home their textbooks, purportedly. I don't want him to think he can weasel
out of his work so easily with me. I also want to teach him that if he
applies himself, solutions can be found to problems such as "getting
around the fact" he forgot his textbook. BTW, he uses Title: Algebra 2: An
Integrated Approach, Author: Larson, et al Publisher: Heath McDougal
Littell
-----

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question