Q&A #8027

need specific problems from a specific textbook

View entire discussion

From: Nyna <nyna@mcqueeny.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 24, 2002 at 18:11:24
Subject: need specific problems from a specific textbook

I am trying to help a neighbor's 16 year old. He is very bright, but failing HS due to a multitude of reasons. I am trying to function as his tutor/mentor. I am not a professional tutor. His Algebra II teacher has been kind enough to allow him to retake several tests he miserably failed. The first make up test is tomorrow. Of course, he "forgot" his textbook in his school locker, to which he does not have access this fine Sunday afternoon. I have signed up for hotmath.com to check his work. However, it doesn't (or I can't seem to figure how)give the problem, just the solution. Does anyone know where I can get the actual problems? I have had him call every kid for whom he has a phone number and none of them brought home their textbooks, purportedly. I don't want him to think he can weasel out of his work so easily with me. I also want to teach him that if he applies himself, solutions can be found to problems such as "getting around the fact" he forgot his textbook. BTW, he uses Title: Algebra 2: An Integrated Approach, Author: Larson, et al Publisher: Heath McDougal Littell --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®