From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 24, 2002 at 21:06:13
Subject: Re: need specific problems from a specific textbook

>I am trying to help a neighbor's 16 year old. He is very bright, but
>failing HS due to a multitude of reasons. I am trying to function as his
>tutor/mentor. I am not a professional tutor. His Algebra II teacher has
>been kind enough to allow him to retake several tests he miserably failed.
>The first make up test is tomorrow. Of course, he "forgot" his textbook in
>his school locker, to which he does not have access this fine Sunday
>afternoon. I have signed up for hotmath.com to check his work. However, it
>doesn't (or I can't seem to figure how)give the problem, just the
>solution. Does anyone know where I can get the actual problems? I have had
>him call every kid for whom he has a phone number and none of them brought
>home their textbooks, purportedly. I don't want him to think he can weasel
>out of his work so easily with me. I also want to teach him that if he
>applies himself, solutions can be found to problems such as "getting
>around the fact" he forgot his textbook. BTW, he uses Title: Algebra 2: An
>Integrated Approach, Author: Larson, et al Publisher: Heath McDougal
>Littell

Hi Nyna,

Upon Claudia's suggestion I did a search on the web and found the following
lessons from that book online:

LARSON ALGEBRA 2 CHAPTER 1, LESSON 6
http://www.classzone.com/larson2000/algebra2_demo/common/chapter1/pdfs/2_01_6
.pdf

LARSON ALGEBRA 2 CHAPTER 1, LESSON 7
http://www.classzone.com/larson2000/algebra2_demo/common/chapter1/pdfs/2_01_7
.pdf

I doubt that any of these lessons are what you're looking for but here they
are anyway. For future, I suggest, you ask the Algebra II teacher for an
extra copy of the textbook (to borrow) for your use.  This way you don't have
to rely on the student.

 -Roya Salehi, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question