From: Jennifer Spence <jenniferspence@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 21, 1998 at 15:48:24
Subject: Teaching bases to middle school children

I am currently attending Illinois State University, and I am wondering if you
can give me any suggestions on how to teach the concept of bases other than
ten to middle school children.  I am doing this for my Fundamentals of
Mathematics for Elementary Students course.  I was thinking of somehow using
money, or rather coins to teach the concept, but I am unsure on how to go
about this.  Please help!
Thank You,
Jennifer Spence

Post a public discussion message