From: Jennifer Spence <jenniferspence@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Nov 21, 1998 at 15:48:24
Subject: Teaching bases to middle school children

I am currently attending Illinois State University, and I am wondering if you can give me any suggestions on how to teach the concept of bases other than ten to middle school children. I am doing this for my Fundamentals of Mathematics for Elementary Students course. I was thinking of somehow using money, or rather coins to teach the concept, but I am unsure on how to go about this. Please help! Thank You, Jennifer Spence

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/