From: Ralph (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 12, 2002 at 15:14:57
Subject: Re: Calculator activities

Hi Natasha,

I'll give you two that I like to use, and you can decide if either of them
fits your needs.

1)  Use each of the digits 4,5,6,7,8 once.  Find which factors give you the
greatest product:
                        ___  ___  ___

                   x         ___  ___

2)  Five Steps to Zero...a 2-player game

   Player A enters a 3-digit number less than or equal to 900

   Player B must make the number 0 in at most 5 steps, using any of the
   4 basic operations and a single digit number at each step:

for example---Player A   enters  703

Player B:   703  -  3  =

            700  / 7   =

            100  / 5   =

            20   / 5   =

              4 - 4    =

                0

Hope these help,
 -Ralph, for the T2T service

Thanks for visiting our online community.

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/